Total Pageviews

Monday 30 August 2010

Cleaning out

I was at my Mum's this weekend for a hafla and a birthday dinner but also took some time to pay a visit to my Gran in her new care home. She is happy there, she seems so well settled and much more vibrant than she has been for quite some time. I think having the option of company when she wants it and peace and quiet when she wants that is suiting her, along with the regular meals.

Mum and I also went to their old flat to clear out some stuff. A lot has already gone, either with Gran or was thrown out (Grampa's clothes etc) we were throwing out some broken crockery, things that weren't good enough for the charity shop and found Grampa's old 'World's Best Grandpa' mug. He used to use the mug all the time when I was little.

Strangely, at first I had no hesitation throwing it in the bin. In my mind there will never again be a world's best Grampa , it would be wrong for it to be used again. Then I pulled it out again, hesitating that it may be wrong to throw it - him- away. Stupid things that our brains think.


--------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment